- Associates degree in Popular Music from Humber College (Toronto).
- Bachelors of Jazz Studies from Humber College.
- Masters of Jazz Performance from Western Michigan University.
- Adam joined the Musicians Union at age 12 and has been performing professionally ever since. For nearly four decades, Adam has gained a vast amount of experience performing many styles of music from Country and Bluegrass, Rock and Pop, Theater, Swing, and his favorite, Jazz. Adam began performing at weddings and private functions, bars, taverns, night clubs, Music Festivals, and has toured Canada, the Middle East, Colombia, as well as touring in the US in support of his own music as well as New York City area.
- Adam truly enjoys witnessing his students of all ages grow, learn, improve, and gain confidence no matter their experience or level. Many of Adam’s students have gone on to study music at Colleges and University, as well as become professional musicians themselves.
Adam was born and raised in Canada where he began performing around Northern Ontario. After graduating college, he gained a lot of experience in the extremely diverse music scene in Toronto performing anything from Blues, to Rock, Funk, Reggae, Country, Pop, Rock, and Jazz. All of this experience has informed not only his diverse skills as a musician, but also his range and competency as a teacher.
Adam is an expert in both fingerstyle guitar as well as regular picking techniques in many styles. Adam teaches beginner to intermediate electric bass, beginner to intermediate Ukulele, beginner to intermediate Drums, and beginner Banjo.
Even if a student isn’t interested in jazz or improvised music, Adam encourages all students to improvise within the style of music they have interest in. This helps develop creativity while gaining confidence so the concepts are learned and internalized rather than just repeating back what was taught. Above all, learning music should be fun!