- Bachelors of Music from the Aaron Copland School of Music in Opera Vocal Performance.
- Minor in Theater/Dance from Queens College
- Elise has experience as a Teachers Assistant for New York State Board Of Cooperative Educational Service, in which she served as an assistant music educator and a personal aide.
- Elise strives to provide students with the foundation and knowledge to explore every nuance of their own artistic journey. Artists should be nurtured to be educated and well rounded in order to form refined opinions about the crafts they choose to pursue and study. Elise develops, elevates and hones in on the student’s natural ability and talents in order to create a confident individual ready to conquer the endeavors needed to become a successful vocalist, pianist, actor or dancer.
- She credits great teachers and programs which have helped maximize her strongest voice as a Teaching Artist. It’s Elise’s time to pass this along to you, as her private student.
Elise is a singer, pianist, dancer, and actor based in New York. Originally from Buffalo, Elise moved to New York to pursue her dreams in performing and has found a passion for inspiring the next generation of artists in the New York area. Beginning dance and piano lessons at age 5, Elise was constantly surrounded by music and art.
Elise has experience teaching private lessons and in group settings. As a seasoned choreographer she has been asked to develop staged performances for a cappella groups, choirs, and musical theater productions. She has a solid piano foundation and can successfully teach voice and piano in the genres of rock, pop, musical theater, and opera. She recently had the pleasure of performing with the Yonkers Philharmonic this summer under the baton of Tong Chen in a series of Pops and Classical Concerts. She has experience orchestra managing youth orchestras in the greater New York area and very much understands the demands of the children and the need for inspirational teachers.
Elise made her international Musical Theater debut as Ermengarde in Hello Dolly with the Mittelsächsisches Theater in Freiberg, Germany. She also had the honor of being cast in the role of soloist/ensemble in Leonard Bernstein’s Mass under the baton of late Maestro Maurice Peress, who was at the helm of the musical’s premiere performance in 1971 at the Kennedy Center. Elise recently graduated and moved to Manhattan after 4 years at the Aaron Copland School of Music and is excited to find new students to energize and get going on their own musical journey!
Elise loves animals and ice cream. You can find her frequenting many performances and museums in the city. Elise grew up in a suburb called Hamburg just south of Buffalo, NY. She is the proud oldest of 4 musical kids and loves her siblings very much. She attributes many of her natural music teaching skills to those early years of helping her siblings on their own musical journey.