- BM Wheaton College Conservatory of Music in Vocal Performance
- MM Mannes School of Music at The New School in Vocal Performance (Spring 2022)
- Began teaching classical piano at age 15 and classical voice at age 17. She has taught students of all ages and of all educational levels.
- Language diction experience in Italian, German, French, and English.
- Performances in classical, popular, jazz and improvisation piano music.
- Performances in opera, art song, musical theater, popular, and jazz vocal music.
Emily was born and raised in Dallas, TX and recently moved to NYC to pursue a career in music. As a first year graduate student at The New School, her primary educational focus is in art song, opera, and musical theater.
Emily began her musical journey with classical piano lessons at the age of 5 and has continued to do so for 17 years. While piano was her main musical endeavor, her love and talent for singing quickly grew. Around the age of 14, Emily began to explore the world of piano and vocal jazz and improvisation music. After a few months, she decided to change her main musical focus to the vocal arts. She continued in her musical studies with classical, jazz, musical theater, and popular voice music, as well as song-writing studies. When she turned 15, she put her compositional skills to the test and wrote and performed the theme song for the feature film Unbelievable!!!
Since then, she has continued her studies and played the opera roles of Despina (Cosi Fan Tutte), Susanna (Marriage of Figaro), and Clara (The Light in The Piazza). In 2020, she won first place in the Wheaton College Vocal Concerto Competition.
Emily has taught voice and piano lessons to students of all ages. Her method of teaching involves an emphasis on encouragement, self-motivation, and fun!